Roofing Services Co., Inc. dba RSI
RSI is the recognized leader in residential shingle and metal roofing in Stillwater and Central Oklahoma. We are an award winning company and have been voted Stillwater’s best roofing company for several years in a row, we were also voted the best of the best for Central Oklahoma.
RSI is focused on performance and total customer care and no job is too small or too large. Our expertise is new roofs, tear-offs, patch work, emergency storm damage, semi and annual maintenance and inspections.
RSI has installed thousands of residential roofs over the last 28 years, in Stillwater and all over Oklahoma including surrounding states. We are licensed in Oklahoma, Arizona, and Wichita Kansas.
Our main distribution center is 524 S. Hafner in Stillwater, Oklahoma where our office, warehouse, sheet-metal shop and display center is located. Stop by our office any time. Our office hours are 8 am to 3 pm, Monday through Friday and other times by appointment.
How to receive a FREE estimate: After we receive your request, our estimator will measure your project, work up an estimate at the office and mail out a bid package with all types of information to help you make a quality decision… there is never any selling pressure. Our detailed estimates are the best in the industry, every important point is in writing for your perusal. We will bring samples to your home upon appointment or stop by our office for a viewing.
Please view our projects and testimonials tabs, there are over 500 Stillwater projects and probably some testimonies from your friends.
WHAT MAKES RSI STAND OUT FROM THE DOZENS OF OTHER ROOFING COMPANIES.
- Attention to detail, in construction everything is in the details: e.g., metal flashing at walls and chimney, clean-out gutters, nail placement and ground clean-up with magnet.
- Detailed estimate, nothing is left to the imagination.
- The finest materials and craftsman available. See our Vision statement at the welcome page.
- We have been in business for over 28 years with the same name and location in Stillwater.
- We do not and will not cut corners, our desire is to make our customer service superior on all levels, we want your referral.
- All projects are completed in a timely manner, not weeks or months down the road.
- Final roof inspection has 22 check-off items, includes grounds inspection and finished pictures.
Styles and Types available from RSI
- Asphalt 3-tab Shingles
- Asphalt 3-tab shingles are usually reinforced with a fiber glass mat for durability and qualify for class-A fire ratings; typically manufacturer warranty periods are 20 to 30 years. NOTE: Most 3-tab shingles will not hold up to high wind conditions like architectural shingles.
- e.g., GAF: “Royal Sovereign”
- e.g., Tamko: “Elite”
- e.g., Certainteed: “XT-25”
- e.g., Malarkey: “Dura-Seal 25”
- e.g., Owens Corning: “Supreme Three-Tab”
- Asphalt Architectural Shingles
- Architectural shingles are class-A fire rated with warranty periods of 30 to 50 years, they are designed to look like wood shingles, and the most popular color is “Weathered Wood”, there are several styles and a myriad of colors available.
- Approximately 85% to 90% of asphalt shingle installed are architectural.
- e.g., GAF: “Timberline UntraHD”, High Definition.
- e.g., Tamko: “Heritage”
- e.g., Certainteed: “Landmark”
- e.g., Owens Corning: “Oakridge Lifetime”, “Oakridge Tru-Definition”
- e.g., Malarkey: “Highlander”
- Premium Grade Designer Asphalt Shingles
- Most designer shingles have the same characteristics as the architectural but are much heaver in weight and have some design differences, warranties are in the 50 year range.
- e.g., GAF: “Camelot”, “Grand Canyon”, “Country Mansion”, “Grand Slate”, “Camelot II”, “Country Mansion II”, “Grand Slate II”, “Grand Sequoia”, “Slateline”
- e.g., Certainteed: “GrandManor”, “Presidential Shake”, “Carrage House”, “Independence”
- e.g., Owens Corning: “Tru-Definition WeatherGuard HP”, “Woodcrest”, “Woodmore”
- e.g., Tamko: “Heritage Vintage”, “Heritage Woodgate”, “Heritage Premium”
- e.g., Malarkey:
- High Impact (IR) Rated Asphalt Shingles: UL-2218, Class 4 Rated
- Most IR shingles resemble architectural shingles except they have a different mat and a modified asphalt blend.
- IP shingles must meet the Underwriters Laboratory UL-2218, Class 4 test to qualify, insurance company discounts usually range from 20-25%.
- NOTE: Not all insurance companies give discounts to all IR shingles, check with your company or let RSI do the leg work for you. Once the job is completed, the roofing company must fill out a form for verification of IR installation, give this to your insurance agent to start your discount program.
- e.g., GAF: “Timberline Armorshield II”
- e.g., Tamko: “Heritage IR”
- e.g., Certainteed: “Landmark IR”, “Presidential Shake IR”
- e.g., Owens Corning: “Weatherguard IR”
- e.g., Malarkey: “Alaskan 35yr IR”, “Legacy 50yr IR”
- Wood Shingles and Shakes
- Shakes are typically made of cedar, spruce or treated pine. Hand-split shakes have a rough, textured look on the front and often smooth on the back. Wood shingles are machine sawn smooth on both sides.
- Shakes normally last 15 to 30 years and are class-C fire rated.
- Wood ridge shingles will usually be replace 2 or 3 times during the life of the roof.
- Tile comes in a vast array of beautiful styles, colors and finishes adding to every home’s beauty and architectural styling. There is also a wide selection of carefully blended hues that range from subtle tints to vibrant colors.
- Baked clay and concrete tile roofs are extremely durable, capable of withstanding fire, wind, snow, intense heat … just about anything Mother Nature has to offer. This resilience enables manufacturers to offer some of the longest warranties in the roofing industry.
- Material and installation costs are usually several times the cost of premium asphalt shingles.
- Roof decks need to be designed for the extra weight of the tile roofing.
- Extra care must be taken while walking on tile roofs and they can be damaged by very large hail.
- Slate shingles are highly durable (100+ years); but about 3 times heavier per square foot than asphalt.
- Slate is easily damaged by walking on it, and the deck and structure must be designed for the extra weight.
- There are some man made slate tiles that are lighter in weight and absolutely beautiful in design and color, they can be installed on a regular house roof deck.
- e.g., “Inspire: “Slate Tile” In my opinion this is one of the best roofing products in market place today, it will withstand the high winds and large hail that we have in the central U.S.
- Materials and installation costs are usually several times the cost of premium asphalt shingles.
- To view pictures: go to “Residential” – pictures – Slate/Tile
- Rubber Roofing
- Single-ply roofing sheets, EPDM, TPO, PVC and modified bitumen sheets are what we use for flat roofing areas or areas less than a 3/12 slope.
- See our commercial section for more information on our flat roofing products. RSI has installed millions of square feet of these products over the years.
- Hot Tar Roofing
- We no longer install hot tar roofing.