ROOFING SERVICES CO., INC. DBA RSI
RSI is a full service company that does new roofs, tear-offs, patch work, emergency storm damage, semi and annual maintenance and inspections. RSI has installed thousands of residential roofs over the last 28 years, in Stillwater and all over Oklahoma including surrounding states. We are licensed in Oklahoma, Arizona, and Wichita Kansas.
Our main distribution center is 524 S. Hafner in Stillwater, Oklahoma where our office, warehouse, sheet-metal shop and display center is located. Stop by our office any time. Our office hours are 8 am to 3 pm, Monday through Friday and other times by appointment.
How to receive a FREE estimate: After we receive your request, our estimator will measure your project, work up an estimate at the office and mail out a bid package with all types of information to help you make a quality decision… there is never any selling pressure. Our detailed estimates are the best in the industry, every important point is in writing for your perusal. We will bring samples to your home upon appointment or stop by our office for a viewing.
RSI Metal Roofing: Advantages and Benefits
Metal Roofs are not the solution to every roofing problem, but metal beats out conventional roofing materials on a number of different counts:
- Expected life. Properly installed, a standing-seam metal roof should last as long as the house, completely sealing out water, surviving high winds and easily shedding snow. Metal is resistant to fire, mildew, insects, and rot. Warranties vary widely, but most manufacturers strongly back their products for 20 to 50 years. Metal roofs that have all of there screws exposed (eg., R-Panel) do not come close to the leak warranties of the SSR and Snap-Loc panels.
- Weight.Compared with tile at 750 pounds per square (an area equal to 100 square feet) or concrete tile at 900 pounds per square, metal roofing is lightweight. Most varieties run from 90 to 150 pounds per square.
- Fire resistance. Because metal roofs are noncombustible, they’re given a Class A fire rating. See “Ask Gary” for more information on the fire rating classification.
- High-Impact rating. Most metal roofing meets the UL- 2218, Class 4 rating for high-impact, several insurances companies give discounts for installing RSI impact rated products. See “Ask Gary” for more information on impacted rated products.
- Heat conduction. Metal reflects radiant heat from the sun, minimizing midday heat gain. Though the material itself is low in insulation R-value, many systems utilize a dead-air space between the metal and roof deck to increase energy efficiency.
- Minimal roof pitch. Most metal roofing materials can be installed on gentle pitched roofs without danger of leaking. Minimum roof pitch is 3 in 12 (the roof rises 3 inches for each horizontal foot).
- High re-sale value. Metal is beautiful when installed properly and the correct color is chosen. Color choices range from the silver reflective Galvalume to bright red, blue and a myriad of other colors.
- Energy star rating. Several of our metal products are government energy star approved and qualify for the maximum of $500.00 in tax deduction for 2013.
Metal Residential Roofing: 3 Main Catagories
RSI is a fully insured and bonded commercial/residential roofing contractor. Our crews have the latest manufacturer technical training and we are a member of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA).
1. Hidden fastener panels: Standing-Seam (SSR) and Snap-Loc panels. Most commercial applications are SSR, see Firestone link for more information on commercial applications, material and labor is 3 to 4 times the cost of Architectural shingles.
2. Stamped products: Metal shingles and small stamped panels. Available in the stylish design of Architectural dimensional shingles, the beauty of handsplit wood Shakes and the elegance of Mediterrian and Spanish tile, 4 to 5 times the cost of Architectural shingles.
3. Exposed fasteners systems: Metal R-Panel, R-Panel Plus and Ag Panels. Approximately 2 times the cost of Architectural shingles. See “Ask Gary” for more information on exposed systems.
Most paint warranties are 20-30 years and the life expectancy of metal roofing is 30 to 50 years plus. RSI gives a 5 year labor warranty on all of our applications except the exposed fastener system which is 2 years.
Working up to a Standard… not down to a price.
Property can be replaced or repaired. After the dust settles, the first person you’ll want to call is your insurance agent. RSI should be your second call. We are experienced with all types of insurance claims that pertain to bad weather. We specialize in getting your job completed as quickly as possible! The only difference between an insurance loss and an elective roofing project is dealing with the insurance company and this is our specialty! Call today, you’ll be very pleased you did. Our on-site consultation and written estimates are always free!
Stillwater: (405) 372-7645 – Toll Free: (800) 475-2612
As the recognized leader in metal roofing in Stillwater and central Oklahoma, RSI would like to present the following products, click on the “FREE ESTIMATE” tab for a detailed estimate to day.
Standing-Seam Metal Panels (SSR) and Snap-Loc Panels
- Most of our installations are 26 gauge, 26 gauge is thicker than 29 gauge.
- We do not install metal panels over any existing roofing unless we first picture frame and batten the roof with wood framing. (see photos for picture frame installation)
- All of our (SSR) panels meet the UL-2218 Class 4 high impact (IP) rating and qualify for insurance company discounts.
- Some of our panels qualify for the “Energy Star Rating” a $500.00 tax credit is available for 2013, the Energy Star Rating is dependent upon the paint choice and has to do with reflectivity and emissivity.
- Standing-seam panels have very few exposed fasteners, most are hidden under adjoining panels, this is the panel that RSI installs 70% of the time. Cost is about 3 times the cost of architectural shingles.
- Metal can be dented by hail… have you ever seen a car dented by hail?
- Our stamped metal shingles are very durable and will withstand large hail, available in shake look, mission-tile and architectural design. Cost is about 4 times the cost of architectural shingles.
- Shingle panels are 16″ x 48″
- Boards and battens are installed with this type of roofing, therefore they can be installed over other roofing, even wood shakes. (see photos for installation procedure)
- 120 mph wind warranty and lightweight at only 1.4 lbs per square foot.
- Gerard’s Stone-Coated roofing system reduces heat gain by as much as 45% over conventional asphalt roofing systems.
R-Panel and R-Plus (Ag panels)
- Our exposed fastener panels, with these panels all screws are exposed, sometimes thousands of screws, even with neoprene gaskets on each screw, the chance of leakage down the road is great.
- Because of the exposed screws, RSI installs very few of these panel systems, but there seems to be lot installed by other contractors, probably 2 to 3 times the cost of architectural shingles.
- Panels can be installed over old roofing when the picture frame system is used.
- R-panels are excellent for siding buildings, even with lighter weight 29 gauge thickness.
Standing Seam Stone-Coated Metal Shingles
Stone-Coated Metal – 324 S. Orchard St., Stillwater, OK Snap-Loc Panel – West I-35
Standing Seam – Dallas, TX Metal Shingles – 2418 Countryside Dr., Stillwater, OK